Thursday, August 12, 2010

I feel like there were a lot of new concepts that I learned throughout this class. I took 2 communications courses over summer, and some of the ideas overlapped, but I think it helped me gain a better understanding. A concept that I never really took into consideration before reading about it was the nonverbal section of this book. Nonverbal behavior can appear as a natural behavior, and I liked reading and writing about it. I also liked how the book incorporated research methods, because without research methods, the writer of this book wouldn't have much reliable information for us to read about. Medicine, law, social studies, science and so on all rely heavily on research, so I thought it was great that the author of our text book included some of the methods for students to do their own research.

My favorite thing about this class was the fact that our professor was readily available at all times (or let us know if she wouldn't be). This came in very handy for me due to some mishaps with my computer, and with the sending of the wrong file for my journal. I really appreciated Carol's understanding, and availability to her students.

It's hard to say that I disliked something about this class, but if I had to say one thing, it would be that the quizzes and tests in general were very specific and at a high level of difficulty. I am a better writer and have a hard time having my answers boxed into true false or abc answer questions. Multiple choice is a more difficult method of testing for me, so I wished there could be some short answers in combination with the multiple choice. Yet, as a student I understand the time restrictions during summer and that teachers must grade quickly and this class was online.

No comments:

Post a Comment